Friday, June 29, 2007

Marc's Hair Removal...

Meanwhile, as Marc sat on the beach, here is his story of the day:

Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam

I did get a massage today and the little lady insisted that she help me with my back hair "problem" for a small fee... "no good long hair on back, must take off. Yes, yes, no ouch, very easy." I can't believe I agreed to this idiotic idea, but once it started there seemed to be no turning back. I'm no pussy.

She used what I would consider a manual Epi-Lady. A ball of twine that she would spin around the hair on my back with both hands, one end of the twine was held in her teeth, she would then pull forcefully with her hands and use her teeth to guide a new segment of thread through her fingers... yanking the hairs off my back in a sweeping fashion... pulling at the same hair several times until it finally released.

Needless to say it was the same rare form of Vietnamese torture that I'm sure many of our POW's were subjected to during the war. The whole agonizing event lasted for what I believe to be 35 minutes, not quite sure since I was drifting in and out of consciousness due to the exquisite pain. I was actually laughing at the end of the "treatment"... I couldn’t believe I actually paid to have this little lady sit on my back and rip my hair out. I don't even care if there's hair on my back, but she sure did. She got every single last strand.

After the torture treatment ended I was treated to a full body massage... I think it was good, but anything after the torture I was just subjected to would be nice. She could have poured a can of hot coals on my back and I think I would have breathed a sigh of relieve.

No comments: