Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Amsterxmas... (Censored)

Amsterdam, Holland

December 25, 2007
N52°22.800
E004°53.320

V.2.0
It was a very mellow Christmas in Amsterdam to say the least. The euphoria from our first night in Amsterdam finally wore off after two days, the fog lifted, I could think, and see, clearly again. Even today, two days later, I’m blaming my lapse of memory, bad jokes and inability to walk straight, on the our first night back in Amsterdam.

One thing I know for sure… Christmas is the time to be with family. Even though we’re having a wonderful time in Amsterdam, I still wish I was home enjoying the chaos of Christmas. I know Marc is my family, but the comfort of Mom and Dad never goes away regardless of how old you are. We’ll be home next year for sure!

We each took turns calling our family to say Merry Christmas over the last few days. I might have called more than once, I have to admit. It sounds like everyone at home is having a grand time, as usual. They might miss us, yes, but the celebration was as much fun as if we were there.

After a great egg scramble for brunch and a long walk through Amsterdam, we added a few real ornaments to our tinsel tree and ended up with a beautiful tree/centerpiece. We’ll keep the tree decorated throughout our time in Amsterdam and then pack it up in the tube it came in and use it next year.

Tomorrow is another holiday in Amsterdam, Boxing Day, so things will remain mello. An easy day-trip to Harlaam or visiting one of the museums will be how we’ll start the day; nothing real exciting… but who knows how things will end.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

fun, yes, but not as much fun if you were here. Mom T

Mike T said...

Dude man now that crazy email you sent me makes a little more sense, on yesterday's blog some guy told you about the milk, and signed Mike, I am guessing Mike Mac. This is Mike t. God Bless Merry Christmas. See ya soon, se habla espanol.

Mike T said...

V2.0 what the hell!! I have the original for sale on my website if anyone wants it.. :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah hook us up Mike! Sheesh...see what happens when I don't constantly check the ATW blog...